Frequently Asked Questions - Shorter University

What can I do with my Online Financial Aid Account?

  • access your Financial Aid Account 24 hours a day
  • complete the Online Financial Aid Application
  • view your application processing status
  • accept your Financial Aid Awards online
  • view your Financial Aid history

What about FAFSA?

All students must file for FAFSA in addition to completing the Online Financial Aid Application. Go to to apply for federal grants, scholarships, and/ or student loans.  Shorter University’s School Code is 001591.

How do I apply for HOPE scholarship and the GA Tuition Equalization Grant (GTEG)?

To apply for the HOPE Scholarship and the GA Tuition Equalization Grant (GTEG), go to When you go to the site, click on “My 411” in the top left hand corner. If you do not have a profile, create one. If you do, log in and complete the forms.

What are the estimated costs to attend Shorter University?

See the Tuition and Fees.

What is FERPA? Can parents or guardians have access to my account?

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (1974) protects the privacy of student records. Under the Act, students may inspect and review their educational records, may seek to amend those records, and may limit disclosure of information from those records. In addition, students have the right to investigate anything in their file at anytime. However, in regards to anyone besides the student, access to student records is strictly limited.

By submitting this application, you acknowledge that you understand that ShorterUniversity will preserve the confidentiality of your records, in keeping with the requirements of (FERPA). You may allow specified people to access your financial aid and student account though.

If that is something you’re interested in, please enter their names at the bottom of the Online Financial Aid Application or fill out the “FERPA Release Form” that can be found under the “Forms” tab and turn it into the Financial Aid Office.  Doing so will allow them to contact ShorterUniversity professional staff in financial aid and the business office to discuss your account.

Stafford and Parent/PLUS Loans are also available based on eligibility.


  • All students must apply for Financial Aid in order to receive institutional or federal financial assistance.
  • Every year you must re-apply for Financial Aid.
  • Once your account is activated…check it regularly.  The Financial Aid Staff will ONLY notify you through this account. Shortly after your Financial Aid Application has been submitted, you will be notified of the documents you need to provide to complete the Financial Aid process. The status of these documents can be found under the “Documents” tab.  Forms can be found under the “Forms” tab. Print these forms and bring or mail them to the Financial Aid Office. Click here to log into your account.