- Be Accepted for Admission to Shorter University.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid using 001591 as the Shorter University school code.
- Undergraduates should apply for the HOPE Scholarship and the GA Tuition Equalization Grant (GTEG).
- Complete the Shorter Online Financial Aid Application using our Online Financial Aid System.
- Apply for a loan. Click here for more information.
- Based on how you complete your Shorter Online Financial Aid Application, additional forms might become required. Be sure to log back in within 5 days of submitting your online application for updates.
- Check your email! You’ll receive an email notifying you to check your online financial aid award letter. Be sure to accept or decline your awards and finalize your financial aid package.
Once these steps are complete, the loan will be transmitted electronically from the school. The funds will be sent electronically in two disbursements (one after classes start in the fall and one after classes start in the spring) to Shorter University and will be posted to the student’s account.
Shorter University reserves the right to change all policies concerning the awarding of financial aid without notice due to financial and regulatory changes. No aid is automatically renewable – All aid must be applied for annually after January 1. Priority deadline is April 1 for aid to be awarded for the following Academic year.