Welcome from the Dean
As Dean of the Ben and Ollie Brady School of Nursing at Shorter University, I look forward to meeting prospective students, families, friends, and community partners. The faculty, staff, and administration support the nursing program and are dedicated to excellence in education within a Christ centered learning environment. Our accredited nursing program provides students with unique learning experiences focused on meeting students’ professional and personal goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and answer any questions that you may have regarding “Nursing on the Hill.” Shorter University hosts several events throughout the year, inviting students to visit the campus, meet with prospective faculty, and interact with students with similar academic interests. Please contact our office with any additional questions or to schedule a visit.
Best wishes as you pursue your nursing career. We look forward to seeing you at Shorter University!
Roxanne Johnston, MSN, RN
Dean, Ben and Ollie Brady School of Nursing
The Mission of the Ben and Ollie Brady School of Nursing is in accordance with the Mission of Shorter University. The Mission of the School of Nursing is to offer an exemplary undergraduate nursing program that:
- Integrates a strong curricular foundation infused with liberal arts and science studies.
- Prepares professional registered nurses who:
- Assume the roles of a nurse generalist who provides patient-centered care that is safe, compassionate, and affirms Christian values.
- Deliver patient-centered care with an emphasis on evidenced-based practice, quality outcomes of care, and resource management.
- Practice nursing safely and compassionately in a variety of settings, with diverse populations, both locally and globally.
- Serve as a community leader, collaborative participant, and leader among disciplines providing care to consumers of health care.
- Participate in life-long learning.
- Creates and sustains an exemplary learner-centered caring community that:
- Affirms academic and Christian integrity, values, and service.
- Promotes personal accountability in students by maintaining physical, spiritual, and emotional health and well-being.
- Promotes personal accountability for actions and decisions.
- Utilizes integrative strategies for learning.