The Office of Admissions encourages you to make these items a priority so that your admissions process will be completed in a timely manner.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to serving you and your family throughout the admissions process.
- Go to apply.shorter.edu and begin! It is a quick application that only takes a few minutes.
If you are a high school senior:
- Request an official high school transcript be sent to our office.
- Send all SAT/ACT test scores (optional) through College Board.
If you are a transfer or readmit student:
- Send in an official college transcript from all institutions you have previously attended.†
† If you have less than 24 transferable credit hours, we will ask you to send an official high school transcript.
- High School GPA: 2.5
- College GPA: 2.0
- SAT: 990 (combined score from Critical Reading & Math sections) (optional)
- ACT: 19 composite (optional)
Make sure you have the following items completed:
- Enrollment Deposit and Registration Fee
($100 Enrollment Deposit & $125 Registration Fee)‡
- Online Orientation Registration
- Housing/New Student Questionnaire
(deposit must be paid and questionnaire filled out on SCHOLAR)
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- HOPE & GTEG (Georgia residents only)
- Final High School or College Transcript
‡ The Enrollment Deposit and Registration Fees are refundable if the Office of Admissions is notified in writing of the decision not to attend Shorter University, in accordance with the specified dates (Fall- May 1, Spring- December 1, Summer- May 1); otherwise, the deposit is non-refundable after these dates.