Parents as Partners in Education’s (PAPE) purpose is to support the academic progress of their student at Shorter University by fostering relationships campus-wide.
- To provide a Godly example to students and Godly encouragement to University employees.
- To develop closer connections between the University and the students.
- To enhance the educational experience by supporting academic, social, and employment opportunities.
- To enhance the environment of Shorter University by providing opportunities for parental involvement.
- Provide a forum where parent participation “on the Hill” will engage prospective families.
- To utilize the many talents and business contacts of parents to promote student success and learning opportunities for the students in the business world.
PAPE is structured exclusively for Parents to Partner with the University in a variety of ways to include providing additional resources for the students through internship opportunities and career development programs.
Facebook and Prayer Requests
Get plugged in according to your abilities and strengths. Four areas that you can get involved today –
- Actively praying for your student and the Shorter University community.
- Providing opportunities for students learn about your career and opportunities in your career.
- Get involved by meeting the needs of the Shorter community through service.
- Engage new parents through campus-wide events, like Welcome Week and Homecoming.