A Word of Welcome from the Provost
I would like to personally welcome you on behalf of the Shorter University family. As a body of believers, the faculty and staff at Shorter are blessed with the opportunity to provide students and visitors with a Christ-centered environment on “the Hill”. Our mission is to advance God’s Kingdom through a commitment to academic excellence within the context of a biblical worldview. According to Isaiah 8:20, knowledge apart from God is antithetical to reality. The Bible tells us the process of education begins with the parent and child. At Shorter University, we endeavor to build on that education and help students to acquire the scholarship necessary to serve in a rapidly changing culture. Students at Shorter will gain the ability to use information skillfully, and in a God-honoring way. From this, comes true success in life.
If you desire to pursue one of our many career paths, we can help you turn your passion into a lifelong pursuit. We always welcome students and parents to visit us on campus. You might want to visit classes, talk to students and professors, and see for yourself what Shorter has to offer. You will find we provide an excellent place to receive a world-class education in a challenging, supportive, and Christ-centered environment.
Please feel free to contact me or any member of the Shorter University family with any questions you may have about our educational programs and services. I look forward to seeing you “On the Hill”!
John D. Reams
|John D. Reams
Executive Assistant to the Provost
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Attendance Policies for Students
- Committees, Councils, and Taskforces
- Deans and Department Directors reporting to the Provost
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Listing
- Faculty Dates
- Food Gift Purchase Policy
- Guidelines for Changing / Appealing Course Final Grades
- Guidelines and Procedures for Adjunct Recruitment & Interviews
- Guidelines and Procedures for Full-Time Faculty Recruitment & Interviews
- Institutional Review Board Review Procedure
- Strategic Plan
- Mission, Vision, Core Values, and Strategic Themes
- Recent Professional Development
- Previous Teacher Award Recipients
- Faculty Forms