Admission to the Nursing program requires a separate application to be mailed to the Shorter University School of Nursing, 315 Shorter Avenue, Rome GA 30165. The first two years of general education prerequisites are taken at Shorter University, or any accredited college or university. Students may apply and be admitted while perquisites are in progress toward completion. However, all courses must be completed prior to entry into the nursing program.
The School of Nursing accepts applicants with the highest likelihood of success in the program. The admission process is competitive and meeting the criteria for admission is not a guarantee of acceptance. Each applicant is considered on an individual basis. The Admissions Committee will not review an applicant’s file until all the required documentation is included and complete. No decisions will be made on incomplete files. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that his/her file is complete for review. Final acceptance is contingent upon successful completion of all prerequisite courses, final transcript review, and successful completion of background check, drug screen and physical examination. International students must be status approved by the Shorter University verification process.
The nursing program is designed to be completed in 4 semesters. An additional requirement includes successful completion of a global study abroad requirement. Graduates of the BSN program will be eligible to take the NCLEX examination for licensure in any state. Accepted students will be assessed fees each semester for supplies, computer learning programs, standardized exams, association fees, and random drug screenings.
All nursing applicants must:
- Be admitted to Shorter University
- Complete the Ben and Ollie Brady School of Nursing Application
- Minimum overall GPA 3.0/4.0 scale
- Standardized Test Required: Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS), taken within the last 6 months, must be completed and results submitted to the School of Nursing
- Completed application and all required documents
- International Students: Transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluation service
- Statement of Purpose
- Completion of all required prerequisites
See the current Brady School of Nursing Application for Admission for further details.
Coming soon. Please check back after November 1st for testing dates and times.
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Testing:
Entrance Test for Nursing (pre-licensure student)
The School of Nursing at Shorter University requires all applicants, including international students and students with prior non-nursing degrees, to submit scores from the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS).
- The TEAS is a test of math, science, English/language usage skills, and reading comprehension. The exam is offered early spring semester at the Shorter University School of Nursing, Thornwood Campus, in Rome, Georgia. Testing dates will be scheduled prior to application deadlines.
- Shorter University School of Nursing will utilize the TEAS score in conjunction with the evaluation of transfer, cumulative, and science grade point averages in evaluation of applications.
Please visit the ATI web site to register for the test.
Dates for Testing:
9 am – 1 pm
9 am – 1 pm
9 am – 1 pm
9 am – 1 pm
Brady School of Nursing
103 Shorter Avenue
Rome, GA 30165
Applicants may contact the School of Nursing office at 706-233-7464 with any questions or concerns during the application review process.