Admission to the Nursing program requires a separate application to be mailed to the Shorter University School of Nursing, 315 Shorter Avenue, Rome GA 30165. The first two years of general education prerequisites are taken at Shorter University, or any accredited college or university. Students may apply and be admitted while perquisites are in progress toward completion. However, all courses must be completed prior to entry into the nursing program.
The School of Nursing accepts applicants with the highest likelihood of success in the program. The admission process is competitive and meeting the criteria for admission is not a guarantee of acceptance. Each applicant is considered on an individual basis. The Admissions Committee will not review an applicant’s file until all the required documentation is included and complete. No decisions will be made on incomplete files. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that his/her file is complete for review. Final acceptance is contingent upon successful completion of all prerequisite courses (see page 117 of the academic catalog), final transcript review, and submission of TEAS report. International students must be status approved by the Shorter University verification process.
The nursing program is designed to be completed in 4 semesters. Accepted students will be assessed fees each semester for supplies, computer learning programs, standardized exams, and association fees. Graduates of the BSN program will be eligible to take the NCLEX examination for licensure in any state.
All nursing applicants must be admitted to Shorter University.
- Completion of the Ben and Ollie Brady School of Nursing Application
- Minimum overall GPA 3.0/4.0 scale
- Standardized Test Required: Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS), taken within the last 6 months, must be completed and results submitted to the School of Nursing
- International Students: Transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluation service
- Completion of all required prerequisites
See the current Brady School of Nursing Application for Admission for further details.
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Testing: Entrance Test for Nursing (pre-licensure student)
The School of Nursing at Shorter University requires all applicants, including international students and students with prior non-nursing degrees, to submit scores from the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS).
- The TEAS is a test of math, science, English/language usage skills, and reading comprehension. The exam is offered early spring semester at the Shorter University School of Nursing, Thornwood Campus, in Rome, Georgia. Testing dates will be scheduled prior to application deadlines. Students may take the exam at any exam location.
- Shorter University School of Nursing will utilize the TEAS score in conjunction with the evaluation of transfer, cumulative, and science grade point averages in evaluation of applications.
Please visit the ATI web site to register for the test.
Dates for Testing:
|Friday||January 24||9 am – 1 pm|
|Saturday||January 25||9 am – 1 pm|
|Friday||February 14||9 am – 1 pm|