SAMPLE QUESTIONS FOR F-1 STUDENT VISA INTERVIEW:
General Sample Questions:
- Why did you choose the US as opposed to studying at home or in another country?
- Have you traveled to the US before?
- Why do you wish to learn English in the US?
- What do you know about the US?
- What do you expect to do when you return to your home country?
- Do you plan on working in the US?
- What proof can you provide that you will come back?
- Does anybody from your family stay or study abroad?
- How many years do you intend to stay in US?
- Do you know anyone in the town your English language program is located in?
- What will you do if your visa is rejected?
- Will you come home during summer?
- Why have you chosen this English language program?
- Do you have any family members in the US?
- What are your hobbies?
- Where does your family reside?
- Do you have any brothers and sisters – where do they live?
- Where do your brothers and sisters study?
Financial Sample Questions:
- How are you going to pay for your program and living expenses?
- Did you get any scholarship?
- Do you have a sponsor, if so, who?
- What do your parents do? What is their income?
- What is the cost of your English language program?
- Do you have any current loans?
Academic/Career Sample Questions:
- Where did you hear about this school?
- What schools did you apply to?
- Why are your exam scores low?
- What do you know about the education system in the US?
- Why are you applying for an English language program only?
- Why do you want to study in the US?
- Do you plan to study in a university after your English language program?
- What do you want to study?
- What are your career goals?
- What is your current grade point average/percentage?
- Tell me more about the English language program.
- Why are you leaving your current job?