COMPLETE HIGH SCHOOL REQUIREMENTS
WHILE EARNING COLLEGE CREDIT
Shorter University offers Dual Enrollment opportunities for high school students, particularly juniors and seniors on the main campus in Rome. Sophomores may be granted admission on a case-by-case basis. Online courses may be taken upon approval.
Step 1: Apply for Dual Enrollment
Dual Enrollment students are recommended to have at least a 3.00 GPA with a 21 ACT (composite) or 1060 SAT (ERW & Math) or 1100 PSAT (ERW + Math) or a counselor/teacher recommendation.
How much does it cost?
The cost for coursework up to 15 credit hours per semester or 30 credit hours maximum career limit (including books and fees) from the approved course listing can be funded by the Georgia Student Finance Commission. Students and their families may incur a small percentage out-of-pocket costs
How do I apply?
• Complete the Admissions Application and select “Dual Enrollment” as the enrollment classification.
• Send in your current high school transcript.
• Submit ACT or SAT scores. If you do not have test scores, a letter of recommendation from your high school guidance counselor is required.
• Apply for “Dual Enrollment” with your high school guidance counselor.
- Summer: April 1
- Fall: May 1
- Spring: November 1
For more information about Dual Enrollment opportunities at Shorter University, please contact the Director of Admissions, Patrick McElhaney at email@example.com or 706-233-7225.
Step 2: Enroll in Classes
How to Enroll
Click on the link below that best defines the type of HS student you are to get step by step instructions on enrolling in classes at Shorter.
For questions about applying for dual enrollment and registering for courses after being accepted for admissions, please contact the Registrar’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-233-7210.
Send Your Course Request
Click on the link below to complete the course request form. Then email the completed form to the Registrar’s office at email@example.com
- Students forms may be found under the Students tab, Registrar page in Scholar. Log in to access the forms. All forms are in fillable PDF format.