- Ph.D., Ohio State University (2012)
- M.A., University of Georgia (2007)
- B.A., University of Georgia (2003)
- A.A., South Georgia College (2001)
- Atlantic World
- Developing States
- Diversity in America
- Eastern European Studies
- Europe in the World
- History of Warfare
- Latin American Studies
- Modern European History
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- World Civilization Since 1648
- The World Transformed: Modern Civilization since 1648 (San Diego: Cognella, 2017), co-author along with Terry Morris
- Pacts and Alliances in History: Diplomatic Strategy and the Politics of Coalitions (London: IB Tauris, 2012), co-editor with Melissa Yeager
- “The Evolution of U.S. Policy toward West German-Soviet Trade Relations, 1969-1989,” International History Review 34.2 (June 2012), 221-44.
- “A Rich Land with a Complex History of Faith: Russia and Modern Challenges to the Spread of Evangelical Christianity,” Christus Cultura 1.1 (April 2019), 18-25.
- Pal Germuska, Unified Military Industries of the Soviet Bloc: Hungary and the Division of Labor in Military Production, Journal of Military History (July 2016), 948-50.
- Werner Lippert, The Economic Diplomacy of Ostpolitik: The Origin of NATO’s Energy Dilemma, English Historical Review 128 (May 2013), 751-53.
- “The Crime That Dare Not Speak Its Name,” Taner Aksam, The Young Turks’ Crime against Humanity: The Armenian Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing in the Ottoman Empire, Origins: Current Events in Historical Perspective (June 2012).
- “Hiroshima and Nagasaki,” in Robert Chapman (ed.), Cultural Wars: An Encyclopedia of Issues, Viewpoints, and Voices (Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharpe, 2009)
- “Alliance Diplomacy,” in Gordon Martel (ed.), Encyclopedia of Diplomacy (Wiley Blackwell, 2016), (forthcoming, 2017)
- Member and Sunday School Teacher at Fellowship Baptist Church