- Ph. D., English Literature, Arizona State University
- B. A. English, The University of Georgia
- Composition I
- Composition II
- British Literature I and II (2000 and 3000-level)
- Jane Austen (2000-level)
- C. S. Lewis (2000 and 3000-level)
- Romantic Literature
- Creative Non-Fiction
- Literary Criticism & Research Methods
- 2008-present Shorter University
- 2003-2005 Instructor, University of Memphis
- 2001-2003 Graduate Teaching Associate, Arizona State University
Areas of Specialization
- British Romanticism
- The British Enlightenment
- The Human Body, Illness, Medicine, and Literature
- Cultural Studies
- Art History/Iconography and Literature
- Christianity and Postmodernity
- “The Way Things Fall”Anchor & Plume Press (Sold Out)
- “Ezekiel” in Cumberland River Review Print Anthology
- “Pieces” forthcoming from Sycamore Review
- “Paradise Lost” from River Teeth: A Journal of Non-Fiction Narrative’s Beautiful Things
- “In June or January: The Myth of Summertime”on Intervarsity’s Emerging Scholar’s Network (ESN) Blog (August 2018)
- “Your Crooked Heart”: Literature and Spiritual Formation on Intervarsity’s Emerging Scholar’s Network (ESN) blog.
- “Suspicion as Spiritual Praxis” on Intervarsity’s (IVF) Emerging Scholar’s Network blog
- “Animals and Atoms: The Creative Imagination and the Body of Christ” on IVF’s Emerging Scholar’s Network blog
- Intervarsity’s The Well: “Believing God” “Daily Bread” “Opals” and “Minding the Gap”
- “Form and Phantasm: The Poetry of Blake’s Eternal(ly) Slender Bodies.” Lussier, Mark and Bruce Matsunaga, eds. Engaged Romanticism: Romanticism as Praxis. Newcastle upon Tyne, UK: Cambridge Scholars Press, 2008.
- “After the Iridotomy” from The Christian Century
- “Notes on Deism” and “Empty Nesting” from Relief: A Journal of Art and Faith
- “God Speaks” from The Windhover
- “The Milky Way” and “The Anniversary” Psaltery & Lyre
- “Hosea, Single” and “Gardensong” from Perspectives: A Journal of Reformed Thought
- “Redemption” and “Jacob” from The Chimes
- “Maricopa County Fair” Gravel: A Literary Journal
- “Deus Ex Machina” Kindred (Pushcart Prize nomination)
- “Laundry” Kindred
- “Imago” Stirring: A Literary Collection
- “Ezekiel”Cumberland River Review
- “When the moon tells us of losses”Cumberland River Review (Pushcart Prize nomination)
- “Theodicy” San Pedro River Review
- “One” The Chimes
- “Extinction” and “The Vision” Kentucky Review
- President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching and Scholarship (SU 2018)
- Pushcart Prize Nominee for “When the moon tells us of losses” The Cumberland River Review (2015) and “Deus Ex Machina” (2016)
- Outstanding Supporter of Shorter First-Year Students
- Outstanding Graduate Student, Arizona State University (2006-2007)
- Best Graduate Student Paper, International Conference on Romanticism (2006)
Conference Presentations and Lectures
- “Being Reconciled to God” presented at the Northrise University Women’s Conference, Impact Ndola, Zambia, Africa (July 2017)
- “The Work of the Chair Today” at the Association of Departments of English(ADE) Summer Seminar West. Scottsdale, Arizona (June 2016).
- “‘What are men to rocks and mountains?’: Jane Austen’s Vision of Female Reform in Pride & Prejudice” presented to English Speaking Union and Atlanta Chapter of Jane Austen Society of North America (JASNA). Peachtree Road United Methodist Church (May 2013).
- “Passion as Praxis in Eliza Haywood’s Narrative of the Reformed Coquette.” British Women Writer’s Conference, Albuquerque, NM. (April 2013).
- “Believing God” presented at the Young Women’s Conference, Northrise University, Zambia, Africa. (August 2012).
- “‘Hardly any figure at all’: Pain, Poetry, and the Romantic Body.” International Conference on Romanticism, City University of New York (November 2009).
- “Form and Phantasm: The Poetry of Blake’s Eternal(ly) Slender Bodies.” 13th Annual International Conference on Romanticism (ICR), Arizona State University (November 2006).
- “‘Slender Nerves’: Anorexia and the Body of Sensibility.” Western Society of Eighteenth-Century Studies (WSECS), Arizona State University (18 February 2006).
- Panel Chair, “New Sciences.” Western Society of Eighteenth-Century Studies. Arizona State University (18 February 2006).
- “Bodies in Text: Textual Authority in Shakespeare’s King Henry VI Part II.” Rocky Mountain Medieval and Renaissance Association, University of Nevada at Las Vegas (27 May 2002).
- “Deception & Discretion: Secrecy in Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility.” Western Society of Eighteenth–Century Studies (WSECS), Arizona State University (18 February 2001).