The Shorter University Student Alumni Association (SUSAA) is an undergraduate initiative to promote an awareness of the importance of giving to Shorter University. As current students experiencing the gifts of our alumni, we must begin to take responsibility for future generations. As alumni, we are accountable for the continual success Shorter achieves. A relationship with Shorter doesn’t end at Commencement.
Annual membership requires an annual gift towards the Student Emergency Assistance Fund. This fund will be managed by a committee of SUSAA leadership with one faculty and one staff representative reviewing requests and awarding assistance.
Annual members will receive a t-shirt and serve as a voice of the students to the Alumni Governing Board. Members will meet periodically and have the first opportunity for community and employment networking opportunities.
- Establishing a lifelong relationship with Shorter
- Supporting Shorter with your time, talent and financial resources
- Learning and maintaining Shorter’s traditions
- Maintaining the value of your Shorter degree
- Preserving the Shorter experience for future generations
- Sustaining Shorter’s commitment to providing the highest-caliber education within an authentic Christian context