Founded in 1873, Shorter University is a Christ-centered, four-year liberal arts university committed to excellence in education. U.S. News & World Report and The Princeton Review annually include Shorter on their lists of best Southeastern Colleges. The university offers traditional bachelor’s degrees in 40 areas of study, online courses and degree programs, undergraduate programs for working adults, associate’s, and master’s programs.
All applicants must submit the following items:
- Application – Completed application form.**Students must be at least 21 years of age**
- Application Fee – $25.00 – Please make checks payable to Shorter University. You may be eligible for an application waiver; see Location Director for details.
- Official Transcript(s) –Submit request to prior institutions registrar’s office for processing or request an official high school transcript or GED. All transcripts should be mailed to Shorter University.
* The minimum GPA is 2.0, if transferring College credit
- Additional Transcripts/Certificates – If applicable, request official transcript of DSST, CLEP, and/or AP be mailed to Shorter University.
- Military Applicants – Non-active service members should submit a DD214. Active service members should submit a DD295. Military students who want their military work and experience evaluated for possible credit should submit military transcripts, certificates of completion, diplomas, or documentation from their branch of the service.
Graduate Applicants – In addition to the items listed above, applicants applying for a Master’s degree must also submit the following:
- Personal Statement of Objectives – Submit a personal statement of objectives emphasizing how the completion of a Graduate degree will affect the applicant’s professional performance and career goals. Your statement should be double space, Times New Roman font, 12-point size and include the following:
- Prior Education
- Professional Experience
- Current Resume
[button id=”” style=”” color=”blue” type=”large” href=”https://apply.shorter.edu/” align=”none” target=”_self”]Apply Now[/button]
Shorter University is a Christ-centered, four year liberal arts university committed to excellence in education.
Shorter University strives to enroll a diverse student body to provide the best possible learning environment in a Christian, liberal arts setting.