Financial Aid for Shorter University Online
A myriad of financial options are available to our online students. All of them can make getting your degree more affordable! Our job at Shorter University is to make your Financial Aid application process as smooth as possible.
How to Apply
- Complete the Shorter Online Financial Aid Application by logging in to our Online Financial Aid System.
- Based on how you complete your Shorter Online Financial Aid Application, additional forms might become required. Be sure to log back in within 5 days of submitting your online application for updates.
Check your email! You’ll receive an email notifying you to check your online financial aid award letter. Be sure to accept or decline your awards and finalize your financial aid package.
You must reapply each year for Financial Aid. When filling out the FAFSA:
- Ensure that your name on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) matches the name on your Social Security card
- Leave no questions unanswered
Financial Aid Orientation
The Financial Aid Orientation packet is designed to introduce students to the financial aid options that are available through Shorter University’s Financial Aid office. Students will explore the application process, eligibility requirements, amounts, and more of the primary characteristics of the following funds:
• Federal Pell Grant
• HOPE Scholarship (for Georgia residents)
• Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant (GTEG—for Georgia residents)
• Federal Direct Loans (for students)
• Parent PLUS Loans (for parents of dependent students)
• Private Scholarships and Grants
Please click HERE to review Shorter’s Financial Aid Orientation Packet.
Timing is Important
The financial aid process is a very time-oriented process. If you need financial aid in order to attend one of the degree programs at Shorter, you will need to complete the entire financial aid process first.
You must be declared “financially ready” before you can be placed on a roster to start your classes. In order to be determined eligible for federal aid, you must submit all the required documents and any further documents the Office of Financial Aid requests from you in a timely manner.
Please visit Shorter University’s Financial Aid page for more information.
Financial Aid Advisor
Financial Aid Advisor for Online Programs