Shorter University’s Master of Management (MM) Program is offered through on-ground night class courses or 100% online and can be completed in as little as 12 months. The program will equip graduates to seek advanced employment in upper level management positions. The curriculum focuses on enhancing leadership, project management and communication skills, as well as helping students understand how to navigate real-world scenarios.
A Master of Management degree is one of the fastest-growing degree programs with a primary focus on management. Shorter University’s Master of Management Program is designed to equip students with the management expertise required to succeed in today’s demanding and complex business climate. The 31 credit hour MM curriculum includes courses in real-word topics such as negotiation, ethics, human resource management, research methods, international management and developing effective decision models.
Holders of a Master of Management degree are desirable for highly competitive management positions. Businesses of all types are looking to hire managers who have advanced skills in key areas like communication, strategic thinking, ethics and research methods. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, management positions in a variety of industries can expect growth that is at pace or faster than the national average of 11%.
Industry: Advertising & Marketing
Average Salary: $115,750
Growth Rate (2012-2022): 12%
Average Salary: $109,740
Growth Rate (2012-2022): 9%
Average Salary: $101,650
Growth Rate (2012-2022): 11%
Industry: Human Resources
Average Salary: $99,720
Growth Rate (2012-2022): 13%
Industry: Medical and Health Services
Average Salary: $88,580
Growth Rate (2012-2022): 23%
Industry: Non-Profits and Associations
Average Salary: $59,970
Growth Rate (2012-2022): 21%
Average Salary: $59,770
Growth Rate (2012-2022): 8%
Graduates of the MM program are skilled professionals with the knowledge to make decisions quickly, lead teams and understand business trends.
To be eligible for admission to Shorter University’s Master of Management Program, students must meet the following admission requirements, evidenced by submitting the following documents in an admission portfolio for evaluation:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 hours attempted.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Demonstration of the ability to perform graduate work in the area of quantitative research methods.
- Candidates with an insufficient undergraduate GPA may submit the results from the GMAT to bolster their application. For those students who submit the GMAT, the following formula shall apply: GPA x 200 points + total GMAT score must equal 1,000 points.
- A current resume documenting at least three years of relevant full-time work experience.
- Two letters of recommendation from employers, instructors or others in a position to evaluate the applicant’s ability to handle graduate work in business administration.
- A personal statement of objectives emphasizing how the completion of the MM degree would affect the applicant’s professional performance and career goals.
- The applicant may include any additional supporting documents that would help the admissions committee in determining the potential success of the applicant.
Final acceptance into the program will be at the discretion of the Graduate Admissions Committee and its assessment of the candidate’s potential to complete the program.