The Shorter University Library is maintained to support Shorter University’s educational mission. The Library provides the university community with a means to meet its various information needs for lifelong learning and living by being a pedagogical unit and an intellectual asset of the college.
The Library provides access to a sufficient range of resources and services in support of the school’s curriculum and augment the students’ classroom experiences with independent learning. By providing these resources and services, the Library attempts to develop the students’ understanding of how recorded knowledge is organized and structured so that they become self-directed, lifelong learners in the liberal arts tradition.
- The Library will help students develop a high level of competence in information literacy.
- The Library’s facilities will be adequate and sufficient environments conducive to study, research, and the use of information technologies.
- The Library will maintain both print and non-print resources needed to support current and anticipated curricula.
- The Library will establish and maintain up-to-date services which support, enhance and promote the academic programs offered by the university.
– Circulation & Reserve Services
– The Music Library