The following steps can guide you through the processes of applying through admissions at Shorter University (SU), enrolling in courses, and obtaining dual enrollment funding for approved courses. After completing all steps below, we will pass the dual enrollment paper application to the state for consideration. If approved by the state, we will process your registration and provide you with information regarding book pick-up and other important information.
- This step pertains to new and returning dual enrollment students. New students should visit dual enrollment, apply for admission, and receive an acceptance notification before completing steps 2-5. Returning students may proceed to steps 2-5 and skip this step since they have already applied through admissions and been accepted.
- Complete the Home Study Program Participation Agreement and return it to Georgia Student Finance Authority (GSFA). This agreement must be approved annually by the state before SU is able to proceed and register a student.
- Review the dual enrollment Course Directory to obtain a listing of approved courses. Select the year and term for when courses may be taken in Summer, Fall or Spring. Then, select Shorter University in the Private Colleges of Georgia menu. Afterwards, review the HS Course Numbers that you wish to take and make note of their corresponding PS Course Numbers. For example, COM 1010.
- Review SU Course Offerings to cross reference the dual enrollment Course Directory of approved courses against what’s offered at SU for the desired term. Select the term for when courses may be taken. Next, change the course code drop down to ‘Contains’. Afterwards, enter the PS Course Number noted previously into the Course Code search box and click search.
- Complete and return the dual enrollment paper application and the Registration Form to Jessieca Dingler at firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
If you have questions please review our frequently asked questions.
For questions about applying for admissions, please contact Patrick McElhaney at email@example.com or 706-233-7225.
For questions about applying for dual enrollment and registering for courses after being accepted for admissions, please contact Jessieca Dingler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-233-7210.