Associate component – for professionals with 0-29 hours of transfer credit from a regionally accredited institution.
1. Minimum age of 21 years
2. Minimum two years of full-time work experience
3. A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students with a GPA below 2.0 may apply for Academic Renewal admission if more than five years have passed since they were last enrolled in a college or university.
4. Official high school transcript or GED certificate (if no previous higher education institutes attended or if previous colleges attended are not regionally accredited).
5. Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of proficiency in English by scoring a minimum of 79 on the iBT (formerly TOEFL) within the past two years.
6. Applicants who transfer in 0-29 semester hours credit with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 will be admitted to the Associate of Science degree program.
Students who enroll in the AS degree program will be expected to successfully complete all courses (60 credits) in their degree program.
Connection to Bachelor’s component (CB) – Applicants who transfer in 30-49 semester hours credit with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 will be admitted to the “CB” associate-level component.
Students who enroll in the CB component will be expected to complete all courses (24 credits) in their component.
*The CB component is designed to help “bridge the gap” between the number of transfer credits accepted by Shorter and the number of credits required to enroll in one of the accelerated bachelor degree-completion programs. Academic advisors will provide guidance to CB students who desire to earn an associate degree.