The Office of Admissions is providing this list of requirements to complete the admissions process.
By providing this checklist, we encourage you to make these items a priority, so that your admissions process will be completed in a timely manner.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. As always, we look forward to serving you and your family throughout the admissions process.
The first step in your journey to Shorter will be to submit an application with us. Go to apply.shorter.edu and begin! It is a quick application that only takes a few minutes.
If you are a high school senior:
- Request an official high school transcript be sent to our office
- Send all SAT/ACT test scores through College Board*
*By sending all test scores, we will be able to superscore. Be sure to add Shorter University to the list of schools you want to receive your test scores at the time of your test registration.
If you are a transfer or readmit student:
- Send in an official college transcript from all institutions you have previously attended
*If you have less than 24 transferable credit hours, we will ask you to send an official high school transcript with possible ACT/SAT test scores.
- High School GPA:2.5
- College GPA: 2.0
- SAT: 900 (combined score from Critical Reading & Math sections)
- ACT:19 composite
– Intent to Enroll Form
– Enrollment Deposit and Registration Fee ($100 Enrollment Deposit & $125 Registration Fee)
– Online Orientation Registration
– Housing/New Student Questionnaire – deposit must be paid and questionnaire filled out on SCHOLAR
– FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
– HOPE & GTEG (Georgia residents only)
– Final High School or College Transcript
Other, If Applicable:
– Additional SAT/ACT scores
– Missionary Dependent Scholarship Application
– Goizueta Foundation & Hispanic/Latino Student Scholarship Application
– Shorter Scholars Program Application
– Music and Theatre Scholarship and Audition Form
* I understand the Enrollment Deposit and Registration Fees are refundable if I notify the Office of Admissions in writing of my decision not to attend Shorter University, in accordance with the specified dates (Fall- May 1, Spring- December 1, Summer- May 1); otherwise, the deposit is non-refundable after these dates.