Dr. Donald (Skip) L. Martin, Jr.
Professor of Christian Studies
Executive Vice President and Provost
315 Shorter Avenue,
Rome, GA 30165
Phone: (706) 233-7203
Fax: (706) 233-7381
Office: Sheffield-Thompson Building (ST-105)
- Ph.D., Baylor University
- M.Div., Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.A., Carson-Newman College
- Diploma in Spanish: Instituto de Lengua Española (Costa Rica)
- Survey of Old Testament
- Survey of New Testament
- Systematic Theology
- Introduction to Christian Leadership
- World Religions
- History and Practice of Christian Missions
- Old Testament Bible Book Study: Genesis
- Old Testament Bible Book Study: Daniel
- Conference Speaker
- Missionary: International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention
- Founder and Director of AGAPE (Spanish-Language Bible Institute): Charleston, South Carolina
- Church Planter
- International Ministry: Guatemala, Costa Rica, Mexico, Honduras, Venezuela, El Salvador, Cuba, Nicaragua, Peru
- “A. C. Dixon’s Views on Immigration and Race” Baptist History and Heritage, October, 1991.
- Review of God’s Empire: William Bell Riley and Midwestern Fundamentalism, by W. V. Trollinger, Baptist History and Heritage, July 1992.
- “Sharing with the Poor and Needy”, The Baptist Courier, 130:46 (December 24, 1998).
- “Rejecting Pornography”, The Baptist Courier, 131:1, January 7, 1999).
- “Moving Beyond Abortion”, The Baptist Courier, 131:1 (January 7, 1999).
- “Standing Up for Justice”, The Baptist Courier, 131:2 (January 21, 1999).
- “Offering Hope to Homosexuals”, The Baptist Courier, 131:2 (January 21, 1999).
- Listed in Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers: 2004 and 2005
- Member of Alpha Chi National Honor Society
- Outstanding Graduate in German Award (Carson-Newman College)
- Evangelical Theological Society