|Wind and Percussion Studies
Join us for wind and percussion studies at Shorter University for two weeks in June. Musicians will receive first-rate instruction from university band faculty.
Over the two week period you will receive five private lessons where you can polish a current piece or learn new repertoire. Recitals at the end of each week will provide opportunities to perform for family and friends. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with others by performing in ensembles and gain experience in many musical styles.
All students who play band instruments can enroll. The faculty’s hands-on approach to individual growth ensures that you will receive the tools and training to take your skills to the next level. Explore all of the important skills necessary to pursue music after high school and beyond.
- Private lessons are offered at all levels of expertise
- Learn audition techniques for a variety of auditions (all-state, college, etc.)
- Perform in ensembles with other musicians
- Explore various instrumental styles from classical to jazz.
- Classes in music theory, history, keyboard and ear training
- Attend faculty concerts
- Enhance your musical network and create important relationships with teachers, colleagues, and friends.