Excitement is building as the clock nears 10 a.m. on June 1. That’s when we officially become Shorter University.
The following information will give you an overview of how we plan to celebrate.
June 1, 2010, Schedule of Events
(Subject to Change; last updated April 15, 2010)
- 9:30 a.m. – Trolley and shuttles available for transportation from campus parking lots to the front sign area
- 10 a.m. – Unveiling of the new Shorter University sign and Dedication Ceremony. The ceremony will be held at the main entrance sign located at 315 Shorter Avenue. In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be held inside Brookes Chapel.
- 1-3 p.m. – Tours of the main campus. Open houses at the Robert H. Ledbetter College of Business in MidTown Crossing Shopping Center and the School of Nursing at 20 Riverbend Dr.
- 6 p.m. – Concert featuring Christian recording artists Rebecca St. James and Jonny Diaz, Rome City Auditorium. In Pursuit, a local band that includes Shorter student Drew Carroll, will perform at 6 p.m., with Diaz scheduled to take the stage at 6:30 p.m. Rebecca St. James’ performance will begin at 8 p.m. Advance tickets for the event are $5 for students and $8 for adults. All tickets will be $10 at the door; however, seating is limited and admission is not guaranteed. For tickets, call the Shorter College Box Office at 706-233-7288. Full press release
- 7 p.m. – Shorter University Night with the Rome Braves, State Mutual Stadium. Shorter President Dr. Harold E. Newman will throw out the first pitch as the Rome Braves take on the Augusta Sand Gnats. For tickets to the game, visit www.romebraves.com or call 706-378-5144.